Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Painting Redo

I finished this painting a few months ago. I looked at it for about a month realizing the blue/green bowl and cloth weren't right among other things. I thought the painting could be better. I always have the option of just letting it go, chalk it up to a lesson. It's not easy to go back into a painting and try and make it better. In my mind I am kinda over this painting. I may not be able to get back the energy and enthusiasm I initially had when I started the painting.

I pushed away those negative thoughts, went and got some more sunflowers and dove back in. This is the revised Sunflowers painting:


This was the original Sunflowers painting. The paintings were taken on different occasions with my limited photographic skills, so the paintings differ in color, but I think you can see where I went with the composition.


News: 
My painting class at the Oak Park Art League starts Thursday, September 8th, from 12:30 to 3:00. The class is 7 weeks, a week off, and then a new class starts for another 7 weeks. The class will focus on the fundamentals of oil painting for the beginning to intermediate student.

No comments: